Reasons We Share Personal Data
We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any treatment, procedure, exams, consultation you have requested or authorized.
Where we outsource any of our services or engage contractors to perform services for us or on our behalf, we require them to comply with the same privacy laws that apply to us. For example, we may disclose your personal information:
- to third parties connected with marketing events and promotional activities such as advertising, marketing or digital media agencies, mailing houses, and social media platforms however if you are our patient, we will only do so with your prior consent;
- for external review by financial or quality auditors;
- to payment processors, data entry services, electronic network administrators and text/multimedia message service providers;
- Information technology professionals may have incidental access to personal information in the course of providing development, maintenance and support services for our information technology systems.
All our partners that we share your personal data with, in order to provide you a thorough treatment, are required to sign a confidentiality statement and comply with the legislation 2016/679 about the protection of personal data.
Your personal information may be used by us or disclosed to third parties to meet requirements such as:
- For confidential external review by a certification body for the purpose of accreditation by the ISO committee.
- For compilation of de-identified summaries of our data for assessment by the National Perinatal Epidemiology and Statistics Unit at the University and National Agency of Medical Assisted Reproduction. This enables statistical analysis of fertility treatment outcomes. Any information that personally identifies you has been removed from this data by us before it is provided for inclusion in the database;
- Fully de-identified summaries of Assisting Nature IVF & Genetics data may be used for research including publication but any formal research projects will only be performed with your informed consent and will be subject to ethics committee approval; and where applicable under law, to the Ministry of Health for:
- notification of disease to the Public Health Unit; or
- inclusion on the National Agency of Medical Assisted Reproduction Register in respect of donated sperm, eggs or embryos and the children conceived through these donations.
Students studying at The University or participating in clinical placements may be present with your treating healthcare practitioner during clinical consultations at Assisting Nature IVF & Genetics. Those students may have access to your personal information for research, teaching or training purposes, after your consent.
Administration, management and operation of Assisting Nature IVF & Genetics:
We may use or disclose your personal information for purposes required for the administration, management and operation of Assisting Nature IVF & Genetics, including:
- administering billing (including administration of Medicare benefits, private health insurance benefits and other third-party payment arrangements) and debt recovery;
- safety and quality assurance and improvement activities;
- accreditation activities;
- training of staff and health care workers;
- risk management and management of legal liabilities and claims (for example, liaising with our insurers and legal representatives);
- responding to complaints or inquiries regarding health services provided by us;
- to fulfill social media platform rules; and
- responding to subpoenas or other legal orders and obligations, including mandatory reporting of specific diseases.
The personal data are processed in such a way as to guarantee the appropriate security of personal data, including the protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and any loss, destruction or deterioration by using appropriate technical and organizational procedures (integrity and confidentiality).